Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Hollaback

So, its been a while. Im gonna recap sylvan springs and todays ride, but i'll post about Hell's Kitchen when i get my camera back...AUSTIN!! Sooo...Sylvan springs was pretty fun. I was wooed in by the sirenous calls from Logan, John and everyone else to do the Junior race. It was stacked and i havent raced against the columbia, now mesa, guys in a while. It was pretty fast, and Nolan went off maybe 3 laps in with Logan on his wheel. there were three other mesa guys, Zach Jan and Ben, John, Me, Zach Stein and Daniel Williams, and some kid from Stl CC. So I was content to let Logan and Nolan go, as were the Mesa guys. I wasnt about to chase them down, and i figured with 2 vs. 4, second place would almost definatly be the best that we could do. So then John and Jan went off and stayed off about 20ish seconds ahead of us. I tried to bridge/weed down our main group, and ended up dropping daniel and the stlcc kid off for good. I pretty much pulled out rite after that, with maybe 4 laps to go. I wasnt really keen on busting ass to stay in and then having nothing left for the real reason that I came, the 4/5 race. Logan ended up 2nd with Nolan taking 1st. The 4/5 race went pretty well. I was sitting rite around 20-30th position for the whole race till 5 laps to go where i started to move up. With 1.5 laps left, on the top of the climb, the pack really slowed down and i moved up to 4th wheel. I came thru with 1 to go at 2nd wheel. And then i was 1st wheel with 1 lap to go. Just a little too early. I may have been able to stay top 5 going into the final corner had i had some real gears on, but the downhill into the corner caused me to drift back. I ended up 12th, passing two or three people in the sprint. So now jump up about 2 weeks to today. Today i had a nice ride. Austin, Like and I rode out to high ridge. It was nice, relaxed and fun. Good scenery both on the ride out, and in the outdoor seating at starbucks. total time was around 3 hours and 40 something miles. Tomoro we ride from lukes house, at 11, out to Herculanium. VERY NICE!!

No comments: