Friday, July 06, 2007

Colorado...

So im in colorado rite now as most of you know. I drove out with my mom on monday, the 2nd, and im staying with dan while she stays at a friends house in breckenridge. I'll recap the rides. The first day we started off on a cool bike path that ran along a creek then we did a cool dirt road climb that was pretty hard. Then we finished riding through the U at boulder campus. The next day we hit the mountains and did a 3:40 min, 60 mile ride with 3000ish feet of climbing. We rode up a long climb and then down a switch back road then a slight uphill to nederland, where we got some hippie cookies and water, and cruised downhill for about 18 miles to boulder. I rode the climb that this segment of American Flyers ends on. Its pretty difficult actually.

Yesterday we rode some more dirt roads and some singletrack trails that, considering how they handled the dirt roads last year, would make keaton and austin poop their chamois. It was really fun, and the only part that i couldnt ride was a technical descent that would give most people trouble on a mountain bike. Tommorrow we are riding up Mt. Evans, the highest paved road in north america, at 14,000-something feet. It is like 24 miles to the top and it should be pretty interesting. I also visited CU, CSU and Regis. I'll report on those later.

2 comments:

Logan VB said...

I think I saw those dirt trails. Are they along a creek running down one of the foothills and theres a road that runs paralell. I thought they looked sweet.

Unknown said...

forget climbing.... i want a bowling ball.