Friday, August 15, 2008
snews
So it's been a while since i updated last. I drove up to Wisconsin for superweek, with jan and logan. It was pretty fun, not really any good results though. It was fun to race so much, and just hang out at a bike race for basically a week. Next up was the state crit. I was hoping to be flying coming off of the 1.5-2 hour long crits at superweek, the state crit being 40 mins pus 5 laps. It was hot as hell, and i was hurting pretty bad. The air is so much thicker with humidity down here compared to Wisconsin. I was moving towards the front when we got in laps to go and was lined up behind logan and jan sitting 5th 6th and 7th going through the finish straight with one to go. I thought for once our team had a leadout organized. A little miscommunication and everything fell apart like usual. I ended up 12th i think. The next race was tour of KC. Keaton and I really wanted to do this race, as we had a blast, and some good results, last year. We loaded up his car and headed out to KC. We stayed with my friend caleb who goes to rockhurst, free housing rocks. Mike Tayla was supposed to come along, but he was flying in the night before we left but his plane was delayed and he missed his connection. he ended up staying the night in pennsylvania and not getting home till 2 the next day. It was a shame, it woulda been cool to have him along. The races were ok, the first night i ended up 20ish. The next day was nuts. It was rainy and they had just widened the roads so there was a ton of mud running on the roads. I ended up getting dirtier than i did in all but two cross races last year. I was going well, and flying past people in the slippery sections. I was really surprised that when i followed Jim, i was getting passed by a ton of people. Maybe he isnt confident in the wet? Ended up flatting with 2 to go, and because its a circuit race that means no free laps. I rode the remaining two laps because a trek kc guy convinced me to. I usually pull out if i get dropped or flat or something, but its a fun course. the last race was kinda dumb. I got a last row starting spot, and was sitting last 5 guys for 30 minutes till i pulled the plug. I couldnt move up with 7 corners, a roundabout and no stretch over a block long. I didnt really feel like racing. This week I am moving into the dorms at Webster University where I will be going to school next year. I'm pretty excited, but I'm bummed and nervous cause they wont let me bring my bike in my room. They say its a fire hazard, but i dont see why a bike is anymore a hazard than a chair our couch or chello. I am gonna start a team so maybe i can get the rule changed or get a place to keep it. I am realllly getting excited for cross this year. Last year i wasnt sure if i had a bike, or what it was all about, but this year i'm really ready for it to start. I have some new bling for the bike, and i'm hoping to actually train this year for the cross season. Keaton also just bought a sweeeeet ridley frame, which i'm helping him build up. Sedalia next weekend, then gateway, then cross.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment