Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Cross is here


So the cross season is here. I guess I should talk about what else happened. I got swine flu. I took two weeks off because of swine flu. I then kind of rode for a week and raced gateway at the end of that week. I finished gateway everyday, made one good attack the whole weekend. then took another week off after gateway. then raced a cross race my second time on my new bike. felt horrible and out of shape. rode some more the next week. went to night cross. got 6th in the 3's. felt really good finally, and was very satisfied. rode some more last week, hitting a lot of the cross practices. raced ronde von evergreen sunday, got 7th in the a race. I'm feeling pretty wrecked right now. decided to take a second day off after this race. the course totally sucked and sucked the energy out of me too. it was slow and bumpy as hell. unlike night cross which was smooth and flowy. I didnt ride yesterday and i'm gonna sit out today not only cause i'm worked, but my shoes are also soaked and i have a ton of work to do. I am also a bit overwhelmed with school, specifically photo class. I'm gonna try and ride tomorrow morning, and thursday morning. there isn't a race this weekend, so i think a little rest this week could be good. there is a race at cape and one of the illinois cross races the next weekend. I might also head to louisville gp. i'd like to do another big race other than nationals if i decide to go. i think it'd be pretty sweet. in other news i'm rollin a new bike this year. i passed on the trek while i still could to joey, who proceeded to trash it with lame stickers. idiot. but i scored a sweet Ridley Crosswind with an X Fire fork. I got some new rival shifters for it, and am running the old rival i had on my trek. It's got wcs everything, down to the hubs. got some new trps for it. the race wheels are wcs hubs with reflex rims, and griffos. they're about 60 grams lighter than my bontrager race x lites with the maxxis razes. all together the bike comes to 17.11 lbs, which i'm pretty happy with.

here is a pic of me on the bike.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i would hardly call those stickers lame, thank you very much.