So, the road season ended. We did Hotter N Hell in Texas the weekend before Gateway Cup, and then did Gateway. It was fun and hard, and I've already talked enough about it in real life. Edwardsville was after Gateway, and was pretty cool with good money. Then the next weekend, and a little too soon in my opinion, cross began. Hermann cross was pretty much a disaster. A race that shouldn't have started followed by a shit night for all that stayed there. Bubba starts on the 15th or 16th of October I think. I'm taking a break from racing until then. Training somewhat too. Not really concerned about riding, nor really motivated to ride. I'm really just unmotivated for cross. I'm not sure why. I have a new cross bike. I should be excited. I want to be excited. I'm just not. I used to be a cross guy, someone who liked it, was good at it and was always excited about cross. I think I still like it, and I'm pretty sure I can still be good at it, but I just don't really care about it right now. It's not grabbing my attention or desire so to speak. I definitely don't have the desire to travel for bigger races. I think a bit of it is knowing that it's hindering my training for next road season, which is more important to me. Basically that I would be hurting my road training to race the same 10 guys all fall, when it's the road that matters to me and my team. I don't know. I'm going to do the first Bubba weekend and see how I feel. I may be selling a 54cm Ridley X Fire with Rival and carbon TRPs after that. Who knows. I'm really considering not gluing my eastons, in which case I have a brand new set of 34 Fangos, with two coats of glue and aquaseal on them, for sale. Just one more coat and they're ready to mount.
Jim wants us to train on fixed gears this winter, which should be fun. I'm thinking I'm gonna send my orca out for repair and use an eno rear wheel to make it a fixed gear. It should be pretty bad ass. I'm looking for a set of campy brakes, preferably newer than 2000, and a crank as well. And record carbon brake levers if anyone has some.
12/7 Missouri State Champs @ St. Vincent. Masters, 1 OA.
10 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment