So last weekend, while you were training, I was working Mardi Gras. For those of you that don't know, I work at McGurks in Soulard, which is somewhat of the hub for Mardi Gras in Soulard, which is the hub for Mardi Gras in St. Louis, which is the 2nd biggest Mardi Gras in the country. It was insane. I helped set up and worked the friday before, from 4pm-2am and then got to work the next morning at 8am. It was crazy pretty much all day. At 10:30am I saw a girl being driven on a Gator, completely passed out drunk. I've never seen so many people knocked out drunk. That being said, it was a pretty awesome time. Basically being paid to pour beers, get ice and more liquor and dance. I was barbacking for the two busiest bars outside on Russell and at the corner of 12th and Russell. The corner ended up being twice as nuts as the one right next to it, and thats where I was all day. We had a DJ right next to us. I was changing around 2-4 kegs an hour, on 6 taps. I think the two bars I was working went through 12 jugs (big white things on the bars) of hurricanes.
This was pretty much where I was all day.

I also took a few videos throughout the day. Click them to become full screen or something, blogger made them really small.
I still don't know if I'd ever go to Mardi Gras as a participant. I'd definitely work it again though, 14 hour shift and all. I was definitely on the right side of the bar. I also made bank.
In other news, I'm trying to get a lot of hours in this week on the bike. 34 is apparantly the goal. I dont think I'm going to break 25 realistically. Maybe not even 20. I'm supposed to work St. Patrick's day this weekend too.
1 comment:
damn dude you're a hoss! Wish I coulda rolled in.
Post a Comment