Monday, January 01, 2007
happy new year...i guess.
So it's new years day. I honestly think that new years is the biggest bs of a holiday. Its not really anything to celebrate but everyone takes it as an excuse to party, which is cool with me. I went down to a friend's house in the CWE. We chilled out and played some "Scene-it TV" which I sucked at. I didnt answer a question rite after my first question. We drank some sparkling cider at midnight and watched the worst display of hosting a tv show we'd all ever seen on FOX. It was bad. If you saw then you know what im spittin. I went to the gym today and got in a better workout than I expected. It was like an open house thing today at the y from 11-3, their only hours today, and i went at about 2:15. It was real crowded, probly due to new years resolutions and free t-shirts. The old people dont like when you do 6 sets on the leg extensions when the "legal" limit of the y is one set of 20. Needless to say I was able to get all my work done at the gym. I came home and made a good grilled cheese on the panini maker and zoned out on the couch for about 2 hours watching the discovery channel. I am going over to a family friends house for ribs tonite with my brother and his kids. should be nice. In other news I was let go yesterday by the trek store. Not a huge suprise to me as I hadn't really worked in around 5 months, and even when I did work in the summer it was a sparse few hours here and there. It was just time to cut back employees and I understand, I was already about to start the search for a new job. Chris was really sympathetic and sorry that he had to let me go as I was one of the first people there, even offering to write any letters of recommendation I may need. I think the thing that I'll miss the most is not really like selling people stuff, cause I liked bieng in the mechanic area anyway, but hanging out with the people at the shop and the sweet discounts. I truly enjoyed spending hours on a dead day at the shop when I didnt have school and going in and just shooting the breeze with katie, derek, steven, jess greg, gary and chris about any random topic. But as tightly knit as the st louis biking community is, I dont think I'll be too out of touch with everybody, and it should still be comfortable, and not akward going into the shop. I thank everyone at trek for not only paying me to have fun for the last two-odd years but for bieng cool people, and I think I've learned alot about the biking industry and the working life from working there. peace.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment