Monday, January 21, 2008

Ketchup...

I think that it's time I do a little ketchup. I can't count the times that I have thought about blogging but haven't actually done it because the task of recounting everything from the night before CX nationals till right now is way too daunting. But I know there are too many people out there that have clicked on my link on someone else's blog once in a while, and are, yet again, disappointed to see that I haven't updated. I decided that to try and make it easier to ketchup I am going to do a list of the good and the bad that has happened since CX nats.

THE BAD:
-CX nationals: Had a little good and a little bad. I guess it could be considered a learning experience. I got lapped after doing 2 or 3 laps. I really hadn't trained whatsoever for cross at all the whole season.
-I saw 2 guys in the past week smoking cigars while driving. weird.
-On a way more serious note, I found out today that my friend Hannah's father passed away last night. It was really sad to hear that. I can't imagine what she is going through, losing a parent at 18. My thoughts go out to her.

THE GOOD:
-way outweighs the bad.
-I am racing with a new team, just in case anybody didn't know yet. I am racing with Mesa Cycles for 2008. I am racing as one of 7 guys on the u23 side of team. My u23 teammates will be Logan VB, Joe Kukolla, Matt Brandt, Adam Lang (no we aren't brothers), Francis Hamre, and Zach Hockett. The team is also gonna have a killer junior squad again with names such as Adam Leibovitz, Jan Bradford, Graham Dewart, Chris Wallace, Alex Edwards, and the infamous and humorous Ian Murphy, to name a few. The program that Mesa presented is awesome, from the quality of the riders, the organization, the equipment, everything. I am excited to race for Mesa in 2008.
-We had a team camp. It was for 4 days and 3 nights at Adrienne's house. We basically bonded a lot. We figured out things about the team that we, the riders, needed to decide. We went paint balling, hot-tubbed and just had fun. I liked all of them and I am excited to race with them. It was nice to meet guys that i will inevitably sharing hotels with and hanging out with a lot this summer.
-I got a new bike. I got a new Specialized Tarmac Expert, as my new team bike. Its got Ultegra SL, its pretty tight. It's also my first full carbon bike. Its pretty stiff, and accelerates really well.
-I rode with Tom Danielson on christmas, it was tight. He put the hurt down like it was a spring classic. He also came to our team camp, and talked to us about racing and then rode with us the next day.
-I have an awesome girlfriend. Her name is Hillary, and she goes to webster. She is the best.
thats all for now. training is going well, i am finally in a groove.

1 comment:

Heff said...

Yo Martin

You went hot-tubbing with a bunch of dudes...and it's listed in the 'good' column.

Hmmmmm

Cheers brother