So, its been a while. I was going good there for a bit, but then I fell back into old habits of not updating. Lets see....I guess forest park is what happened most recently. I basically sat at the back, in the draft and kept joe company in his first 3's race. At 5 to go I started looking for my ride up to the front. Coming through with one to go I was on the outside at the front and saw this guy jump, who had been off a few times during the race already, but seemed pretty serious. So i jumped to get on his wheel, also seeing it as a good way to close in on the actual front of the peleton. We were slightly off the front, but I wasnt going to pull through, as I really wanted it to come to a bunch sprint. He swung way off just as patrick hawley and aaron hinni from BS, came up charging on the right (this was on the back stretch of the course before the round about turn). Surprisingly nobody was on aarons wheel, so I jumped right on that. They charged all the way to the last corner, where aaron let up. I Hesitated and people started to come around me. We were already going so fast that there was no real opportunity to jump or anything. I just pedalled. I ended up leading matt pence out perfectly, not knowing he was on my wheel, and he was able to get the win, with me coming in 7th. I was a bit bummed, because I knew I should have been able to win. I think I might have had more jump had I not been at the front for the last whole lap. Coming off the tuesday night before, where I followed another BS leadout train, and was able to win by a hefty margin, I was feeling pretty good. But whats done is done, and we got the win as a team. Paddy also took a nice victory in the p12's. Next up is Hellsboro, and Tilles. Not excited about Hellsboro, goal is to finish with the pack, or what is left of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment