Sunday, April 05, 2009
Weekend Races
So this weekend was the first whole weekend of races. Saturday was hillsboro, and the weather was unusually nice. The race went ok, a break rolled off about 4 miles in, and ended up staying off. A bit of a surprise to all. We had a guy attempt to go across to it, but after some confusion, that didnt work out. My main goal was to finish with the field. Which I did, rolling in with the remainder of the peleton, about 30 guys, and finishing 29th. Today was tilles, a pretty good circular crit. I did the 3/4's and the 1/2/3's. The 3/4's was pretty easy, but hard to move up. The pace wasn't fast enough to string the field out, so it was pretty much stacked from curb to curb. I was able to put a good counter attack after matt pence got pulled back, and stayed off the front with shawnerr for a few laps. After that my legs felt kinda crappy, and the race was getting sketchy so I just rolled in in the pack. Keaton, Grman and I went to CBW and ate too much, all of us feeling like borderline throwing up before the 1/2/3's. The 1/2/3's was pretty fast and fun. I felt better than expected, and put a good bridge in to get up to a pretty good group. From there on I just sat in. With about 3 minutes to go, there was a crash on the back side that I got caught up in. A guy in front of me stood up after crashing, and said "uggh my finger". Holding up his hand to reveal a sharp piece of bone sticking out of his ring finger. Perhaps the most horrible thing I have ever seen first hand. I am pretty sure Jim VanDeven broke his collarbone. Not sure though. Speedy recovery to them both. After the crash, I couldn't really focus, and just tried to finish. All in all a pretty good weekend of racing, and definately getting the legs in shape.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment