Sunday, April 12, 2009

Roubaix

So I woke up at 8:30 this morning and found a live french video of Paris Roubaix. Between my french, and the live cyclingnews feed I had a good time watching the race, and understanding what was going on. The race was pretty nuts, and as expected, Boonen prevailed. The crashes in the last 20ish K's were a big bummer, but I guess thats part of Roubaix. I would have liked to see what would have happened had Flecha, Hoste, Vansummeren, and Hushovd not crashed, and Pozzatto not gotten stuck behind. I was very happy to see Vansummeren up in the front. I have always liked Johan, perhaps because he looks enormous on a bike, he is like 6'7". I am marking it down now, the best acquisition by a team this year....Goes to Quickstep acquiring Sylvain Chavanel. I have always liked Chavanel, a poster of him hangs on my dorm wall, because he is as hard a worker as they come. He spends ridiculous amounts of time off the front in races, and when he gets a victory, it is always well earned. He seems to also be bolstering Quickstep's lineup, and helping them with some excellent victories, Roubaix and Flanders to note a few.


No comments: