Saturday, November 27, 2010

Ebay


I have a love hate relationship with ebay. I've scored some sick deals, like my tt bike, and sold a fair amount of stuff. I've also had people bail on me, several times, in the last hour for 500$ items. I also get a lot of questions that are both super annoying and amusing at the same time. Here are some of the best:

(none of the grammar has been edited, addresses and names are left out)


in asking about a Pearl Izumi jacket-
Hi~
I'm interest in your item(Jacket)
I read that you ship to USA..but I'm live South Korea.
really have this item.
if i win this bidding you send me this item?
I have a fried who lives in USA.
My friend will get it instead of me.

sincerely~
-Are you kidding me? Why would I even think about selling you my jacket if you can't ask a question in understandable English?


in asking about a brand new, new bike take off, shimano ultegra derailleur.

Why was this removed from the bike it was on?

-This guy obviously wants some reassurance on his grouppo choice, as he didn't respond or bid after I told him that I had some Sram to put on instead.



in asking about a Sram Red Cassette.

Hi, is this a 10 speed cassette? thanks

-You probably shouldn't be considering buying a 250$ cassette if you don't know that it only comes in 10 speed.


in asking about rival shifters.

Hello, I want to buy your Rival Shifters.

Can I know it's product year?

and please let me know that can you ship this address (post box)

(address)

so many time I received that address. s

So it is no problem if you send to correctly address.

If it can, I will pay the paypal include post fare.

And what post company and how long will take it?

And how much the post fare.

reply quickly to believe each other.

thanks.

-There is too much in this message to even start. But I replied quickly, so we'd believe eachother.


in asking about a system six frame. this one is one of the cancelled ones. several messages.

what is the top tube measurement? BB30? do you have a control tech stemm? I am 5 8" 32 in seam will this frame fit.what size is the seat tube?

do you still have the warrenty card? is there a warrenty still on the bike, did you register the bike?

The 2008 System Six comes with a BB30,is there an adapter added to the frame , which is ok with me ,I have a crank set that will need to adapt to normal sizing after all.I had Six Thirteen and a System Six,,that is one bike should'nt have sold System six that is.Had many bikes.a CBT also,thaty was a major loss . If you ever see one Grab it fast!!!!!!!!!,Hand made from Italy with Columbus XLR8R tubing,Look up Columbus tubings.Is it a clamp on front Deral.?

A situation here came up. can you or I cancel my bid. I know I set the bid more than 1 hour ago,I need to cancel if you can help ,please...Thanks ,(name). I believe canceling the bid can take place from your end.

yes, please cancel,than kyou so very much,very generous of you,I have a 26 yr. old daughter and granddaughter who need me . (name),, Where do I send the 10.00?

-This guy was nuts. Seriously? I don't care why you're buying my bike, and I don't care about Columbus tubing. He sent me like 4 messages, super concerned within an hour of the auction ending, trying to get me to call him. I eventually guilt tripped him into paying my listing fees, $10, and then he decided to pay $20 since he thought was a nice guy, and he also said my good karma would come back to me. Why would I happen to have a control tech stem for him either?


There are probably more but this is everything really good from the last few months. They continue to surprise me.

2 comments:

Francis Hamre said...

HAHAHA!!! Dude that is hilarious! How do you have such strange luck with Ebay? I never get that weird shit like that! That last guy sounds like he was on meth or something..

martin said...

Man, thats what everyone tells me. I only get the freaks.