Saturday, November 14, 2009

Bellefontane Bubba

Bubba last week was okay. The race was in Bellefontane park up north, it was a pretty big and nice park. The course was really fun during the warmup but I don't know how much I liked It during the race. It was a bit of an energy sucker. Also, it was 80+ degrees and I was dehydrated. Not a really good combo. Anyways, I started pretty well, differently from most of the recent races. I was sitting 3rd for the whole first lap, and watched Bridal and Yielding ride away. After having two races that were 14+ laps long, it seemed a bit early, and I didnt want to blow jumping up to them, or pushing it too early. They stuck it out and Josh was the only one to catch them. I ended up 8th I think. A bit disappointing as I was thinking this might be an easy weekend to score a podium spot. Oh well, I didnt ride a whole lot the week before. I rode my griffos the last two days at blackburn trying to get tire pressure right, assuming this dry spell would continue. But it's supposed to rain tomorrow. I like racing in the rain, but I'm not sure it's a strength of mine. We'll see.

No comments: