Halloween cross was this saturday. I was undecided on whether or not I was going until 8:45pm when I was at a party and decided to leave and head to the race. I had packed my car incase I made that decision. I got to the race at like 9:40, registered, forgot my number, had to change brake pads and air up 2 sets of wheels. By the time I was dressed, finished with all that stuff and embrocated it was 10:30. Go time. They did call ups based on registration, and I was last, with costumed riders getting first row. I was playing catchup to the group I thought I should be in all night. At one point I was closing in on Josh for 4th place, but could never quite get to his wheel. Then DB came by me and I started fading from there. I felt good for about 3 laps then the adrenaline wore off and the no warm up wore in. I wasnt going good for another ten laps or so then had a bit of a resurgence towards the end. I think we did somewhere in the region of 16-20 laps, or a shit ton. Coming through and seeing 12 on the counter is a lot different than seeing 4 after doing a few. Demoralizing. There was also a lot of mud. I ran one section that was super slow almost every time. I have come to the conclusion that I might be too light for the mud, or maybe I just suck in it. I like the wet stuff, but the peanut butter sucks. Anyways I got caught by some dudes and caught some dudes and finished 8th. It was cool cause my girlfriend came, who was dressed as Margot Tenenbaum (I was Richie, pre suicide attempt, but was out of costume pretty quick). It did suck racing at 10:30, which meant getting home at like 12:30 and getting the bikes washed by like 1am, after being harassed by a Public Safety officer. Eating soup and hummus at 1:15am post race is pretty weird.
I think I was the only person who slept well that night, that I heard of. I had unclogged my rear der, and was ready to roll at 2 today. I registered early and was banking on the call ups again when I decided to go preride a little. No deal. I showed up to 3 or 4 rows of racers already. Boo. Boo to "rule" changes from day to day. How about we get staged in overall Bubba placing? That'd be nice. And official. Anyways I was chasing from the back again. I believe I got up to 6th passing the slow and steady Mark Nagy, only to be passed back. Cousin Dan passed me again on the last lap after I bonked bigtime in the final three laps. I was feelin all kindsa jelly allover. I rolled in in 7th. I think I'm 8th overall right now in Bubba and Bubba Cup standings. I think I shoulda been 4th or 5th both days so a bit of a disappointment. I hate to blame a bad race on a bad start, especially at a bubba race, but I really think had I been on Grbeans from the start I'd be fine hanging with him again.
In other news, sKeaton and I made some beet/apple/ginger juice last night. Shit is toxic. I cut the hell out of my thumb, and the bandaid I just took off smells like hole right now. The beets have questionable benefits and harms, from vocal chord freezing, to aphrodesiac to "cleaning out" your digestive system. We're hoping to reap all of the benefits, and avoid the possible death from beet. We were inspired by Robert and his beet eating. We're going to have him over to learn us some cooking techniques.
12/7 Missouri State Champs @ St. Vincent. Masters, 1 OA.
10 months ago
2 comments:
Even though it is just cross racing and we only go for an hour-ish...I'm a big fan of bringing a gel with me just in case. For the first time in 2 years of racing, I actually took it on sunday and was super psyched I had it...cus I crossed the line feeling better than I ever have after a cx race. Anyway, something to think about. See you sunday!
icq 404358309 КИДАЛА
Продает teamviewer!!
Не верьте ему!!!!
[b]icq 404358309[/b][b][/b]
[i]icq 404358309[/i]
team viewer
Loginvovchyk
Post a Comment